Sunday 28 June 2015

Akshay Kumar is Roadies winner Prince Narula's role model

Rannvijay Singh and Prince Narula Chandigarh-based Prince Narula with his favourite mentor Rannvijay Singh
Chandigarh-based Prince Narula is in a "crazy phase" of mind since Saturday night. He has won MTV Roadies X2, 12th and latest edition of the popular reality show that aims at titillating a young audience with elements of travel, adventure, drama and a hint of voyeurism. "I was always a fan of the show and participating has been a lifetime's experience. I set out to win, and I won," Prince told Mail Today on winning the show.
In the final Prince beat Gurmeet of boxer Vijender Singh's gang. His prize is a high-end sports bike plus a contract to work on MTV as a VJ. The 25-year-old, who introduces himself as a bodybuilder who wants to be a Bollywood action hero like Akshay Kumar, admits tasting true fame ever since he became a frontrunner. "Now when I go to a mall, people recognise me. It feels good to be famous. MTV Roadies makes you popular among the youth," said Prince, whose family is in the fabric business. "My family supported me all throughout the show. My parents told me, 'do what you want, just don't get hurt'." Prince loves spending time with friends, travelling and observing people, and he honed his competitive skills participating in Mr Punjab contest. "That was the time I realised I could be on Roadies," he said.
For Prince, there is no other reality show better on Indian TV to become instantly famous. "All youngsters are crazy about Roadies. If you want to make a mark in the world of reality TV, my advice is this is the best show," he avers.
Beyond the fun, frolic, ugly fights and drama, Roadies was a learning process. "I learnt a lot from the down-to-earth mentors. Observing them I realised you benefit in life by being yourself," he said.
For more news from India Today, follow us on Twitter @indiatoday and on Facebook atfacebook.com/IndiaToday 
For news and videos in Hindi, go to AajTak.in. ताज़ातरीन ख़बरों और वीडियो के लिए आजतक.इन पर आएं.

No comments:

Post a Comment